Over the past years the Gepida R&D Team has developed many new technical solutions for e-bikes. Their latest development is an electroluminescent (EL) decal that can be placed under the lacquer. The decal looks like an ordinary one, but its EL properties make it extraordinary, especially in dark or sunset conditions.
What does electroluminescence mean?
Electroluminescence (EL) is an optical and electrical phenomenon in which a material emits light in response to the passage of an electric current or to a strong electric field.
What is the Gepida EL decal?
· new technology for bike frame decals
· combination of under lacquer and water decal solutions
· special EL decal design in harmony with the water decals
· low energy supply needed for high brightness
· blue/green EL light source spectrum of 492 nm at peak wavelength, with quite high, 85 nm spectral bandwidth
· powered from 6V light voltage
· 8,000 hours life span
· high efficiency, low energy consumption